Much research has been done that demonstrates that nonverbal communication may be more significant than verbal communication. In one study, 35% of the message in conversations was conveyed by the spoken word while the other 65% was communicated nonverbally. In the Albert Mehrabian study, conducted at UCLA, the breakdown was as follows: 7% of the meaning is derived from the words spoken; 38% from tone of voice, loudness, and other aspects of how things are said; and 55% from facial expressions and body language. There is much debate on this subject and the percentages, but most agree that how things are said is often more important than what is said.